· Kumquat Lane & Co LLC is a participant in affiliate advertising programs. If you make a purchase by clicking through an affiliate link, we may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you.
· What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our online shop?
· When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, credit card information or other details to help complete your transaction.
· WHEN DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
· We collect information from you when you place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
· HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
· We may use the information we collect from you make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
· To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
· To improve our website in order to better serve you.
· To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
· To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
· To quickly process your transactions.
· To send periodic emails regarding your order or related products and services.
· HOW DO WE PROTECT VISITOR INFORMATION?
· Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
· We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
· All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
· DO WE USE ‘COOKIES’?
· Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
· Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
· Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
· You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
· If you disable cookies, some features will be disabled. It may affect the users experience and some of our services may not function properly. You will still be able to place orders.
· THIRD PARTY DISCLOSURE
· We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
· However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
· THIRD PARTY LINKS
· Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
· CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
· According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
· Users are able to change their personal information: Since we don't offer user accounts, there is no need to update your personal information since new information is given with each new interaction or order placed.
· HOW DOES OUR SITE HANDLE DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS?
· We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
· DOES OUR SITE ALLOW THIRD PARTY BEHAVIORAL TRACKING?
· It’s also important to note that we do not allow third party behavioral tracking
· COPPA (CHILDREN ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT)
· When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
· We do not specifically market to children under 13.
· FAIR INFORMATION PRACTICES
· The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
· In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
· We will notify the users via email within 7 business days.
· We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
· CAN-SPAM ACT
· The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
· We collect your email address in order to:
Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM we agree to the following: NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses.
Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Kumquat Lane Co
Copyright © 2022 Kumquat Lane Co - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder